I believe in people having informed choices and base my consultations on educating patients about their medical condition; food and its role in health and the body; and understanding why certain foods should be included or excluded in their diet. I base my knowledge and consultations on the latest scientific evidence on food, health and disease and translate this into practical advice to help people make appropriate food choices.
I don’t like to speak about ‘diets’ but rather eating plans. I like to focus on what you can eat more of rather than what you cannot. My nutrition program incorporates a change in diet and lifestyle according to your own tastes, lifestyle and beliefs to ensure maximum compliance and long term success.
As a registered dietitian, I am qualified to treat a range of medical conditions with dietary therapy. Over the years however, I have developed a specialist interest in:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Weight loss – overweight or obese
- Diseases of lifestyle (Type 2 Diabetes – insulin and non insulin dependent diabetes; Heart Disease and High Cholesterol; High Blood Pressure)
- Gastroenterology (Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS); Diverticulitis; Coeliacs Disease; Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) – Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis; Bowel Resection)
- Childhood nutrition
- Sports nutrition
You Should See Me If You:
- have a family history of any lifestyle diseases and or
- a BMI above 25 - studies indicate that even a modest weight loss of 5 – 10% of body weight, can improve blood pressure, fasting glucose levels, triglycerides and HDL cholesterol.
- suffer with any bowel problems like bloating, constipation, diarrhoea or have had any previous bowel surgeries - diet and lifestyle play a huge role in managing digestive diseases and their complications such as short bowel syndrome; dumping syndrome and malabsorption
- have a child who is a fussy eater or larger than his or her peers
- would like to improve your performance in sports
You Should See Me If You Want:
- Individualised nutritional education which includes a discussion about your condition and the impact of diet and nutrition, linking other dietary and lifestyle risk factors which may become apparent
- Setting of individual goals according to your likes, dislikes, cultural beliefs and lifestyle
- Formulation of an eating plan to suit your individual needs
- Ongoing support